[boulder.pm] CSV, LDIF, majordomo, etc.

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Thu Nov 9 14:48:44 CST 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, zillatron the digital warrior wrote:

> > Hello - I have  been lirking this list for a while.  There not much
> > traffic.  Anyhow, I have been working with LDAP (Iplanet directory server)
> > for about a year now and was looking for anyone who has good examples of
> > "connector" programs or LDIF converters.  Something that would take
> > data (CVS or otherwise) and convert it to LDIF format.  I have worked
> > written some using PerLDAP - if anyone is interested, I would like to
> > compare note.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Flint Adkins
> > Navidec Systems Engineer

[This post originally bounced as part of that tight nonmember nonposting
policy set up by pm.org.  So I'm replying to the list so y'all can see
it.  Also, unless I hear a loud outcry, I'm going to open up the posting
policy to avoid this kind of thing.  If we start getting spam, we can
revisit the decision.]

Yeah,

We have a large proportion of determined lurkers on this list.

I haven't had to work with this stuff myself, but I did do some poking
around when you posted your question.  As I recall, there was a not-very-
informative Usenet thread or two retrievable via deja.com; and
search.cpan.org turned up a few items regarding CSV and LDIF.

A more obscure site I sometimes find stuff at is developer.netscape.com
(I know Netscape always favored LDAP for enterprise stuff.)  Poking
around I see a pile of LDAP resources at

    http://developer.netscape.com/tech/directory/index.html

It sounds like you're probably as far ahead at this as anyone.
Good luck.

Walter
Walter