[boulder.pm] a faint hello from beneath a pile of work

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Fri Mar 17 15:52:12 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 SMSRussell at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/7/00 12:52:13 PM Mountain Standard Time, walter at frii.com
> writes:
> << Aw, here's an informal meeting idea:  Would anyone be interested in a
>  full-moon hike/outing on Monday 20 March? >>
>
> I think I could make that. What time does a full moon meeting start? Also, I
> hope you mean "hike" in the sense of "strolling along a path" rather than
> "arduous steep ascents"!
>
> Susan

Well, according to the U.S. Naval Observatory, moonrise in Boulder on
20 March will be at 18:58 MST (6:58 PM).

So . . . err . . . meet at 6:30?

Now, as for where to go.  Hmm.  Okay, Susan, you've convinced me:
no arduous steep ascent.  (I'm a broken man anyway, having just moved
a whole household worth of stuff to a new place.  My back . . .
my back . . .)  I'd kind of like to meet at the southern terminus of
the Mesa trail.  Lots of meadows and side trails (Towhee, e.g.) to meander
through under a full moon.

Howzat:  6:30 PM Monday at the edge of the parking lot and the southen
end of the Mesa trail.

Oh, if anyone needs a ride from town, holler.  I'll be coming down the
Diagonal and can make a stop or two.

Walter