[boulder.pm] Fwd: great opportunity for perl developers @ active.com (fwd)

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Jun 14 16:55:26 CDT 2000

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Dan Moore wrote:

> Hi Walter,
>
> Isn't this your list?  What's the policy on job postings?
>
> Dan Moore
> Programmer
> XOR Inc.

Hi,

The policy was set by open discussion back in October 1999, but can
of course be changed whenever group consensus decides to.

Lessee . . .

  boulder-pm-list is for Perl-related discussion.  General announcements
  likely to be of interest to most group members are welcome.  Occasional
  job postings closely related to Perl are acceptable.

  If abuses begin to occur (and we reserve the right to redefine "abuse"
  as consensus dictates), we'll take the necessary steps to stop it.
  (Of course, only *really stupid* recruiters would deliberately
  provoke/alienate the people they're trying to recruit . . . but you
  never know.  There's a lot of strange thinking out there.)

That's it.  We had 2 job postings today.  The first, I made.  The
recruiter sent mail to me and asked, and it seemed "closely related to
Perl"  and had a 303 area code phone number.  The second came directly
from a new subscriber.  I personally thought his post was well within
the policy:  a Boulder company looking for a mod-perler [good luck!]

Walter