[boulder.pm] writing Perl using ssh

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Fri Jun 2 16:51:51 CDT 2000

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Jason Van Slyke wrote:

> Perl Mongers,
>
> My latest assignment takes me into the murky world of secure servers (again)
> and doing file administration tasks between machines (copy, rename, delete,
> etc). Can you recommend a reference (a book, web site, whatever) that
> provides some direction on how to accomplish those tasks from a Perl
> program?
>
> Thx, and have a great weekend.
>
> Jason

Hi, Jason,

I've never seen any Perl tools specific to mucking about in SSH,
but I've used scp with great success in shell scripts.  If I had
to do it in Perl, I'd be looking at system().

As far as documentation goes, I use (in descending order of
how useful *I've* found them):

ssh and scp man pages
Usenet archives searchable via http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml