[boulder.pm] hash for multiple filehandles?

Jason Van Slyke jvanslyk at matchlogic.com
Wed Jul 19 15:57:35 CDT 2000

Rob,

Thx, I needed that!

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Nagler [mailto:nagler at bivio.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 2:11 PM
To: boulder-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
Subject: Re: [boulder.pm] hash for multiple filehandles?

> What "print" doc?  perldoc print?  I'll check that when I get home.
> For some ungodly reason, they refuse to let me put the perldoc, manpages,
etc
> on the boxes here.

Don't need to install if you have the web:

http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlfunc/print.html

>     print { $Handle{$i} } "$Line\n" if ($Records{$RecNum} eq "T");
> Use of uninitialized value at ./DefMungeSplit.pl line 222 (#2)
> Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at ./DefMungeSplit.pl
line
>         222 (#3)

Is it the $i instead of $RecNum?

If you use -w and "use strict", perl will tell you that "$i" is not a
declared
variable.

Perl SHOULD tell you what undefined value (variable) is causing the error,
but it doesn't, unfortunately.

Rob