[boulder.pm] Monterey conference

HoltryF fholtry at bighorn.dr.lucent.com
Fri Jul 14 11:11:48 CDT 2000

On Jul 14,  9:40am, Walter Pienciak wrote:

> Yup, all four days.  I have a rental car also, and my wife and girls tell
> me that I have to go to Point Lobos State Park on the ocean (but it closes

That's a real peculiarity of the Monterey area -- nearly all the tourist
attractions close around 6:00pm.  We decided to fly out really early (10:30)
on Sunday with the possibility of driving to at least a few of them before
they close. (We were also concerned about delays/cancellations).

My wife went with me last year and she's comming along this year.  Apparently
the conference organizers realized a lot of families were comming this year,
because they've arranged with a tour company to do pickups at the conference
center.

> early, I think, so we'll see . . .)  At any rate, the pin-up board and the
> PM booth sound like a good place to hook up.  And apparently (at least,
> according to the mod-perl mailing-list scuttlebutt, there are going to be
> a bunch of "unofficial" parties.

Yep.  Lots of "official but impromptu" BOF sessions and lots of parties.

> I registered early, because I wanted to make sure I got into the Marriott.
> A lot of the conferences I go to book that hotel chain, so I have a

With the spinoff comming up, I guess our managers had more interesting things
to do than approve conference requests.

> guest card, and these conferences add up to enough points that my wife and
> I can get a free night once in a while.  (And all the costs paid via my
> dividend-earning REI credit card earn me a modest amount of toys.)
>
> I can help if things go awry during subscription/unsubscription, but the
> easiest way to do things is to
>
> use Mailtool::Favorite;
> &subscribe( $new_address ) && &unsubscribe( $old_address );
>
> Walter
>
>-- End of excerpt from Walter Pienciak

Frank