[boulder.pm] Newbie question...

Justin Crawford justin.crawford at cusys.edu
Tue Feb 8 15:08:29 CST 2000

Huh!

So, like Chip, I ran the server component on HPUX 10.20 and it went perfectly.  But on two different Solaris 2.6 boxes, the while-loop just drops out as soon as the first client connection is made.  All three machines are using perl 5.005_02.  I guess I'll run it by our kernel kings, and see whether they can tell me about a difference in 'fork' on these two platforms.  Thanks, Chip, for figuring that out!  If anyone has any advice on getting this thing to work on Solaris 2.6, I'm all eyes....

-Justin

AspDev/____> server
Server ready.  Waiting for connections. . .
Im starting a fork
Im too far down in the script!!
Im WAY too far down now!!
AspDev/____>