[boulder.pm] tonight's meeting

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Tue Feb 1 13:30:13 CST 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Jay Kominek wrote:

> > I'll have a laptop (with Perl -- anyone want any particular CPAN
> > modules on this thing?) to putter around, and the latest Perl Journal.
> > If you have questions, this will be a good environment to ask them.
> >
> > How will we find each other?  Hmmm.  I don't have any Perl-wear.
> > I'll wear a white O'Reilly Open Source Conference t shirt and try to face
> > the entrance.  My face (albeit less worn) is on the net at
> > http://standards.ieee.org/people/w.pienciak/.  Sorry.  No facial tattoos of
> > camels or anything like that.
>
> The commons thingy is pretty big and there can be a pretty large number of
> people in there at any given time. Maybe you should pick a corner to
> congregate in or something. (I'd suggest northwest, myself) Or sit
> under/near the picture of Alfred Packer.  Or if it turns out that the place
> is packed when you get there, hover around the little kiosk they have setup
> on the west side browsing Perl web pages. :)
>
> - Jay Kominek <jay.kominek at colorado.edu>
>   Did you poison the coffee?
>   Not any more than I usually do.

Thanks.

if ( &is_available("northwest corner") ) {
    print "Here we are, in the northwest corner!\n";
} elsif ( &is_available("near this Alfred Packer dude") ) {
    print "Here we are, near the picture of this Alfred Packer dude!\n";
} else {
    print "Here we are, milling around and looking uncertain . . . ?\n";
}

Walter