[boulder.pm] filehandle question

Jay Kominek jay.kominek at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 1 00:56:50 CDT 2000

> I can do things like ls and pwd on the remote machine, but cannot seem
> to figure out how to read &  append the remote file. I have tried using
> the filehandles IN & OUT as well as the actual filenames as shown above,
> w/ no luck. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> thanks

Telnet simply does not work in the fashion you want it to.

You could have your perl program execute a Perl oneliner on the other
host which would dump the file out in some format you could easily
detect and suck back up on your end.

NFS or Coda or some other network filesystem sounds like it might be
the most appropriate solution, however.

- Jay Kominek <jay.kominek at colorado.edu>
  The NSA is now hiring. Send your resume to
  Fort Meade, or speak into the thermostat.