[boulder.pm] RE: Position for Perl Mongers (fwd)

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Apr 5 21:56:39 CDT 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:03:03 -0600
From: Kari Saba <KSaba at innovhr.com>
To: 'Walter Pienciak' <walter at frii.com>
Subject: RE: Position for Perl Mongers

Hi Walter!

Thanks!  Here is the information!

MessageMedia is the leading provider of e-messaging solutions for building
customer relationships online. Our e- mail marketing and customer service
solutions include information delivery, e-commerce services,
permission-based direct marketing, ongoing customer communications and real-
time customer feedback solutions using industry standard Internet protocols.
MessageMedia solutions enable our clients to fully leverage e-mail as a
one-to-one communications channel for customer dialog.
Nationally recognized pioneers and policy-makers in the e- messaging space,
MessageMedia's customer roster includes leading companies, such as E*TRADE,
Reader's Digest, Cisco Systems, GeoCities, Intuit, CMP Media, Yahoo!,
Barclays Bank and Bertelsmann, and more. Please visit our website at
http://www.messagemedia.com.

We are seeking several experienced software developers and customer software
engineers, who are interested in growing in our changing environment. Our
department is a fast- paced development group with many opportunities to
learn new skills. Some of our core tools are Oracle, Perl, HTML, CGI, C++
and Java. As a member of this team you may be responsible for:

· Gathering customer requirements and specifications via telephone and
e-mail communications.

· Building applications to interface with the Oracle database.

· Completing workflow automation using Internet subsystems.

· Completing full-life cycle development within the “implementation” phase
of our products.

To be successful in this position, the ideal candidates should have: · At
least 5 years of software development experience.

· Experience with Oracle or other relational databases and stored
procedures.

· Knowledge of Perl, XML or other languages that would interface with the
database and manipulate data.

· Knowledge of Unix and NT environments a plus.

· Strong communication skills for customer interaction.