question on recruiters and list/group policy

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Fri Oct 15 17:42:00 CDT 1999

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 mstretchberry at mindspring.com wrote:

> Walter - thanks for your efforts - and this may class me as "really stupid"
> recruiter - but what do you mean by "recruiters are not scalar quantities"?
> :-)

Hi,

Scalar is a mathematical/technical term referring to something that
has one dimension only.  In other words, it would be unfair to make
a simplistic, blanket judgment of "recruiters".

I wouldn't characterize you or anyone else as "really stupid" because you
haven't come across the term "scalar" before.  My idea of a really stupid
recruiter is one who abuses a list (knowingly or not), is told that
they are displeasing the list members (and why), and then continues
to argue on the list that they are right and everyone else on the list
is wrong -- and then wonders why no one seems interested in working
with them.  Believe it or not, this happens.

(And if I thought you were like that, I'd have just said "no" in
response to your first query and ended the matter there.)

Walter