miscellaneous ramblings

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Mon Dec 27 14:13:10 CST 1999

Hi,

It's been quiet on the list.  Personally, my group has had to deal
with a catastrophic hardware failure on a high-profile system.
7 AM to 1 AM  workdays don't leave me in a mood to be chatty.  But
Things Are Better Now.

And there's that Y2K issue . . . I held off running sunscan on my
personal system to the last minute, since new versions kept coming
out and I had better things to do.  I downloaded/ran it today, and
it told me I didn't need to install any patches.  I don't know
whether to be happy or wary . . .  maybe I'll be "cautiously
optimistic".  Maybe I'll make an extra backup 31 Dec.

Happy Holidays and all that,
Walter