[Bielefeld-pm] Fwd: Meet You in Las Vegas--News from O'Reilly

c.duehl at gmx.de c.duehl at gmx.de
Mi Feb 28 02:04:59 PST 2007

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 05:59:00 -0800
Von: "Sara Peyton" <peyton at oreilly.com>
An: c.duehl at gmx.de
CC:
Betreff: Meet You in Las Vegas--News from O\'Reilly

For Immediate Release
For more information, a review copy, cover art, or an interview with the
authors, contact:
Sara Peyton (707) 827-7118 or peyton at oreilly.com

Meet You in Las Vegas
O'Reilly Digital Photography Masters Head to PMA 07

Sebastopol, CA--Now that Lightroom 1.0 has shipped, buzz is building over
Mikkel Aaland's new book, "Photoshop Lightroom Adventure,"
(O'Reilly, $39.99 US). This exciting new publication--featuring a panorama of
extraordinary images taken last year in Iceland--will be published in May
2007. But visitors to next month's PMA International Convention and Trade
Show in Las Vegas can get a sneak peek at the galley at the
O'Reilly Booth #J244.

"The Adventure book is my tenth and by far the best technology book I've
ever done," says Aaland. "It brings together my passion for photography
and adventure with practical information. I'm really looking
forward to showing my colleagues and friends at PMA the final work. It's
been a long haul and worth all the effort."

Adobe created Photoshop Lightroom to be the first truly integrated digital
photography workflow application. Last year, Aaland decided to find out
how the application performed in demanding situations, say, on a rare
photo excursion to Iceland where the only studio is your laptop.

He organized a group of 12 top-notch photographers for a trek to "Nature's
Light Room," the pristine Icelandic landscape where each summer day is
bathed in 22 hours of horizontal light. There, armed with beta versions
of Lightroom and laptops, the award-winning photographer and bestselling
author of "Photoshop CS2 RAW" and fellow digital shooters took the new
software on a genuine road test. "Photoshop Lightroom Adventure" includes
detailed case studies from the trip.

For more information about "Photoshop Lightroom Adventure" and Lightroom
click here:
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/lightroom/

Aaland joins a team of bestselling authors headed to the 83rd annual PMA
International Convention and Trade Show in Las Vegas. The convention runs
>from March 8 through 11. So stop by the booth to check out our
award-winning titles and meet our photography authors. During the
conference, they will be answering questions and signing books at the
O'Reilly Booth #J244 at the following times:

Mikkel Aaland:
Thursday, March 8, 11:00 AM
Friday, March 9, 11:00 AM

Julieanne Kost:
Thursday, March 8, 3:30 PM

Stephen Johnson:
Thursday, March 8, 1:30 PM
Friday, March 9, 12:00 PM

Derrick Story:
Friday, March 9, 2:00 PM

Eddie Tapp:
Thursday, March 8, 2:30 PM
Friday, March 9, 1:00 PM

Find more information about the above authors and their books here:

Mikkel Aaland:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/399

Julieanne Kost:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2445

Stephen Johnson:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2501

Derrick Story:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/54

Eddie Tapp:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2712

About O'Reilly
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books,
online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media
has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in
on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by
amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the
future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has
a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.

O'Reilly's Digital Media products and online resources bring the knowledge
of experts to a broad audience of enthusiasts and professionals,
illuminating the spaces where innovation, creativity, and technology
converge. For more creative inspiration, visit:
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/

# # #

O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. All other
trademarks are property of their respective owners.