[Belfast-pm] Birmingham.pm Invitation

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Mon May 16 03:00:08 PDT 2005

Hi All (and especially Marc ;)),

> It seems that I may be able to drag along some non-perl types, to
> subvert. ... and I have, erm, other people to attend to while down
> that way, too.

Good stuff. Looks like we need to plan for a bigger room then. Which is perhaps just as well .... (see below).

> So, without further ado, the point.
>
> Where is the meeting being held? A quelle heure? Can I park
> thereabout? Without paying? And safely? (It is Brum, after all.)

Unfortunately there has been a hiccup with the venue. The venue we normally use got burgled, and the projector, among other things, got stolen. The upshot is that we are unlikely to be able to use QPC offices again.

As we were expecting to have to move at some point, we have already looked at other venues. There are 3 we are looking at for the moment, and all look likely to be available, so I just need find out how much each would cost.

It appears we have access to an oldish projector, but I'm hoping I can bid on a decent one on eBay before next week.

I plan on doing some ringing around today, so hopefully by Wednesday I'll be able to give you a definite answer as to where the venue is, where to park, etc. For anyone arriving by train, the venue will be within walking distance of New Street station.

The meeting usually kicks off about 7pm, although if we end up in a pub, we will probably start nearer 7.30pm, to give people a chance to eat food and drink beer before hand :)

Any idea of the number of people you'll be persuading to come along Marc?

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Barbie (@missbarbell.co.uk) | Birmingham Perl Mongers user group | http://birmingham.pm.org/