Tai-Chi Chuan

Jasper McCrea jasper at guideguide.com
Tue Sep 9 09:55:13 CDT 2003

Russell Matbouli wrote:

> Hello,
> Some of you were interested before, so now is your chance to start a
> class in Tai-Chi Chuan. Classes start tonight at 7.30pm in the Crescent
> Arts Centre and you can come along to see a demonstration and hear more
> about it. Tai Chi Chuan is an internal martial art and it is good for
> relieving stress and keeping balanced and fit. I've been practising it
> for a few years and I think it is great.

I don't understand the use of a 'martial art' that can't be used to
cripple/blind/kill/hurt/maim someone with apalling swiftness and cruelty.
Although I've heard that if you perform some moves in a park, the birds are all
over you like a cheap suit. Just like getting a dog. Or being a single dad in a
park (with a baby). Or being rich.

On the other hand, I did Karate for x years, and that should have taught me
plenty about hurting someone, and we all know what happens to me when I get in a
fight.

Jasper