YAPC::Europe 2003

Nick Johnston sky at erupt.com
Wed May 28 16:58:02 CDT 2003

Scott McWhirter wrote:

>ullo all,
>
>Well I've got the go ahead to take time off to go to YAPC so i'll be
>going, however what does everyone else have planning in terms of
>travel and accomodation?
>
>ta!

Well, I plan on *not* staying at the 'official' hotel :-) From what I've
heard at the last two YAPCs, it seems like the official hotel is *way*
too rowdy for my liking. I like my sleep, I'm boring like that but I
don't care! :-)

I normally leave the day before the conference to arrive in the
afternoon or early evening, giving a bit of time check the city out
before the conference. I usually leave the day after, but I might stay
on longer if the hotel is reasonably priced.

As for flying, well, I'm hoping I can go with a "proper airline" mainly
so that I don't have to pick up my bags in (London|Liverpool|Wherever)
and check in again, as that drives me round the twist. I think BMI
should have reasonable prices. <rant>The fact that you can't check
connecting flights on their web site is a whole other issue though.</rant>

- Nick