YAPC::Europe::2004, Belfast

Russell Matbouli russell-belfast-pm at futureless.org
Mon Jul 28 10:32:01 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:23:55PM +0100, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> YAS is funded (As far as I am aware) by perl mongers making donations.
> this is not the kind of thing they should be sponsoring anyway.  If we
> want to get mongers from other parts of the world to visit us, we're
> going to have to foot the bill ourselves. Maybe we can con^h^h^hpersuade
> some local perl using businesses or government body to fund it.  Best of
> luck, let us know how you get on ;-)

Uh, yeah. I guess that was what I was getting at. Getting money from YAS
or whoever solely for someone to talk to PM groups probably isn't right.
But if they gave a talk to PM groups while being paid to go to a place
to hack on a worthy project, then it'd be okay (IMHO).

> Ah well, therein lies the problem, It's _very_ popular with some and
> _very_ unpopular with others.

Orange is much more popular than Esperanto...
--
Russell Matbouli       |            Motivation is just distraction
russell at futureless.org |              from realization of futility