YAPC::Europe::2004, Belfast

Andrew Wilson andrew at rivendale.net
Mon Jul 28 10:23:55 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:14:05PM +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
> Russell Matbouli sent the following bits through the ether:
>
>> Is there a European version of YAS, or some organisation that might
>> sponsor such events?
>
> Not at the moment. We're in the process of beginning a YAPC Europe
> organisation to help out YAPC organisers but I doubt there will be
> cash for flying and housing speakers.

YAS is funded (As far as I am aware) by perl mongers making donations.
this is not the kind of thing they should be sponsoring anyway.  If we
want to get mongers from other parts of the world to visit us, we're
going to have to foot the bill ourselves. Maybe we can con^h^h^hpersuade
some local perl using businesses or government body to fund it.  Best of
luck, let us know how you get on ;-)

> ps and I hear orange isn't very popular either

Ah well, therein lies the problem, It's _very_ popular with some and
_very_ unpopular with others.

andrew
--
Virgo: (Aug. 23 - Sept. 22)
Though it's noble that you became an accounts adjuster to make the world