Hurling and other Murderous Activities

Lamb, Mark Mark.Lamb at spirent.com
Tue Feb 18 08:59:17 CST 2003

The National Hurling League starts the weekend before you arrive. It is not
as big is as the Championship which is the main competition of the season
but that doesn't start until around May. There will probably not be a large
number of people at the game, but it will give you an idea of the sport.
Matches are usually played on a Sunday around 2.30 and there is a Hurling
match scheduled for Belfast for the weekend you arrive. It's a Division 2
game between Antrim and Roscommon in Casement Park. There's also a football
match ( murder sans sticks ) on the same weekend and it has not yet been
decided which will be played on the Saturday and which on the Sunday. I will
almost certainly be going to the Sunday game anyway and would be happy to go
along with you.