Boggle results summary

Jasper McCrea jasper at guideguide.com
Fri Feb 7 09:09:43 CST 2003

Marty Pauley wrote:

> On Fri Feb  7 11:39:32 2003, Andrew Wilson wrote:

> > > Hooray!!!
> > >
> > > YOU ALL SUCK!!!
> > >
> > > BOW DOWN BEFORE THE MIGHT OF JASPER!!
> > >
> > > (out of how many entries, marty?)
> >
> > Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I forgot about words that end in q.  Using /q[^u]/i
> > instead of /q[^u]|q$/i.
>
> You should use /q(?!u)/i instead.

I just googled for the boggle rules, and the q on the die always has a u after
it. I therefore don't think that words with a q on its own should have been in
the test data.

I am saying this to save face, as I didn't consider this possibility.

But it does mean that you can't get the word queen from:

quee
snon
rbit
zdog

as only quueen would be available. Correct?

Jasper
--
I think I tore my sack