A bizarre but plausible idea for a sponsor

David lacravate lacravate at mongueurs.net
Thu Aug 28 15:18:12 CDT 2003

Hi everyone ,

Still the lurking frenchy ...

En ce jour du Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:59:48 +0100,
Tony Bowden <tony at kasei.com> parlait ainsi :
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 03:01:04PM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> > FWIW, a good sponsorship pitch to a local company is "INTERNATIONAL
> > RECOGNITION!".  300-400 net savvy folks from around the world who love to
> > voice their opinions about anything and everything will be coming to
> > Belfast and drinking *your* coffee.  You can't pitch it that way to Coke.
> This is of next to no value to a local company unless they have some
> degree of international distribution ...
I just want to mention that our first sponsor which , in the end , turned out to be one of our _major_ sponsor (he gave the same range of money as our room sponsors like Fotango ...) was just the bookseller next door (which is devoted to computer science books and especially open source ones but still , it is really a small bookstore) .

So local sponsor can of help if you speak nicely to them ... :)

David, passing by ...

--
David 'lacravate'
lacravate at mongueurs.net