YAPC logo

Wesley Darlington wesley at yelsew.com
Tue Aug 5 04:23:18 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:28:37PM +0100, Nick Johnston wrote:
> I simply cannot see why people would like to choose a t-shirt and/or
> logo design that would reflect badly on Northern Ireland, or make light
> of our (past|current|future) problems. Am I the only one here who feels
> some obligation to use the conference as an opportunity to shine a
> postive light on Northern Ireland for a change?

Also, it's about time the camel was removed from its place as Perl's mascot.
As an animal of the middle east, the camel is a symbol of America's most
current enemies, a constant reminder of the tragedy that was 9/11.

How long must all god-fearing and patriotic programmers endure this constant
reminder of their (past|current|future) problems? Am I the only one here who
feels some obligation to use perl as an opportunity to shine a positive
light on America for a change?

;-),
Wesley.