YAPC logo

Nick Johnston sky at erupt.com
Mon Aug 4 16:28:37 CDT 2003

Andrew Wilson wrote:

>On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 11:19:39PM +0100, Nick Johnston wrote:
>

>>As for a logo, well, I'm no graphic designer, but I have proposed a
>>design for the t-shirt: the two cranes of Harland and Wolff with cave
>>hill in the background, maybe with a camel and some flax plants. Or a
>>picture of the Giant's Causeway, or the Titanic... there are so many
>>possibilities.
>>

>And yet so many of them suck.  Most of the one's that suck appear to be
>yours.  Of course, that's just my opinion.  It's worth every penny of
>what you paid for it.

Please yourself. Personally, I think my suggestions rank quite highly
when compared to ones supporting a terrorist organisation, and another
one using a variation of a political/ideological slogan.

I simply cannot see why people would like to choose a t-shirt and/or
logo design that would reflect badly on Northern Ireland, or make light
of our (past|current|future) problems. Am I the only one here who feels
some obligation to use the conference as an opportunity to shine a
postive light on Northern Ireland for a change?

>That said, I don't like Simon's first effort either.

Well, at least we agree on something.

- Nick