YAPC logo

Patrick Moore paddy at earth.li
Sun Aug 3 11:46:21 CDT 2003

'ello Belfast

* On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 05:24:10PM +0100, Simon Cozens said:
> Nick Johnston:
> > our country. I really wish people wouldn't even jokingly suggest
> > balaclavas, petrol bombs or anything like that for the t-shirt: it's not
> > funny, and why on earth would you want to put that on a t-shirt?
>
> Brand recognition. When people Out There think "Belfast", do they think about
> the beauty of the Lagan, the David and Goliath cranes, or perhaps, people
> bombing the shit out of each other?

Oh, the latter.  It's Samson and Goliath though (but tbh, I get confused
about that too...).  I wish they'd repaint them back to Yellow and White so
I could remember which one was wich.

:)

> If I offend enough people with this, will they take the initiative and come up
> with a better logo themselves?

The original would have been better if it had had "Hackers at work" or
something equally silly through it.

> Oh, look, OK then... http://alibi.simon-cozens.org/~simon/yapc-2.png

Though I do like this.   Something alogn these lines would be very good,
yes.

paddy

--
      o  OOOOooO( " .. to boldy split infinitives that have never  )Oo.
    .o0o.oOOo.o(               been split before .. "               )Oo.