YAPC logo

Nick Johnston sky at erupt.com
Sat Aug 2 19:46:51 CDT 2003

Michael G Schwern wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 08:13:39PM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
>

>>OK, first suggestion, in honour of
>>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/31941.html:
>>
>>    http://blog.simon-cozens.org/yapc.png
>>
>>It's not subtle, but who here is?
>>

>Its so subtle I can't even see it:  404 Not Found.

I am absolutely disgusted by Sinn Feinn's t-shirts. I could go on about
this for hours, but in the interests of keeping this e-mail
non-political, I won't.

I can't view the logo either, and if it was anything similar to the Sinn
Fein t-shirt then the fact I can't view it is a good thing.

We should be using YAPC::Europe 2004 in Belfast to emphasise the
positive aspects of Northern Ireland, and take care to use non-political
and neutral symbols (e.g. flax plant as on the 1991 pound coin) on
t-shirts and other promotional material. Northern Ireland has a lot
going for it, and there's no reason to focus on the negative aspects of
our country. I really wish people wouldn't even jokingly suggest
balaclavas, petrol bombs or anything like that for the t-shirt: it's not
funny, and why on earth would you want to put that on a t-shirt?

- Nick