Fluent Irish, Welsch & Scots speakers needed for Apache::MP3

Duggie duggie-belfast-pm at blackstar.co.uk
Wed May 8 11:09:55 CDT 2002

On (08/05/02 16:14), Peter McEvoy wrote:
<snip>

> Aye, true enough - but i can see the geek value in doing that, what with
> star trek and Damien Conways thing 'n all, i just don't see that the same
> rules apply for obselete languages as do for made up, science fiction
> languages.
> But hey - maybe thats just me.
>
> Pete

I'm sure anyone in a position to be in Wales.pm/Cymru.pm would argue
against their native language being called 'obsolete'. It's actually
making a revival, if the census figures are to be believed.

In Wales, many people who speak Welsh fluently would prefer to receive
documentation and/or training in their native tongue, even 'though they
can speak fluent English.[0] So it could be perceived as a worthwhile
exercise.

How freaky is that?!

Thanks
Duggie
[0] An observation I made whilst living there for four years.