Fluent Irish, Welsch & Scots speakers needed for Apache::MP3

Peter McEvoy Peter.McEvoy at barcouncil-ni.org.uk
Wed May 8 09:38:09 CDT 2002

Michael said:
> As you may or may not know, Sean Burke has internationalized
> Apache::MP3
> http://members.spinn.net/~sburke/a3shots/a3_dir.html
> and is looking around for fluent translators.  He's already
> got Catalan,
> English, French, German, Spanish, Croatian, Klingon,
> Icelandic, Japanese,
> Malay, Norwegian Bokmaal, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish,
> Simplified Chinese
> and Traditional Chinese.
>
> He's looking for Welsch (cy) [1] and Irish (ga).  Scots (sco)
> and Scots
> Gaelic (gd) would also be interesting.  And if anyone's into
> historical
> languages, Middle Irish (mga) and Old Irish (sga).  Mark can do
> en_gibberish.

I just have to ask one wee question here, I don't want to seem rude, and i
can understand somebody wanting to be thorough, but it strikes me that if
somebody has an archaic, minority language as their native tongue, then if
they've bothered to learn anything about perl or any programming language
for that matter - wouldn't there be a good chance they've gone to the bother
of learning something like english first? As i say, no offence to anyone,
big ups for wanting to do it - it just strikes me as kinda odd.
Cheers
Pete