Database creation

Russell Matbouli russell-belfast-pm at futureless.org
Sat Mar 30 09:00:53 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 01:30:45PM +0000, Stray Toaster wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 01:17:43PM +0000, Russell Matbouli wrote:
> > According to the DBI FAQ, it isn't possible to create a database using
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > push a CREATE statement into a call to the 'mysql' binary?
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think I said the wrong thing here. I mean to create a database. Can
you do this in SQL? I've only ever done it with mysqladmin before. At
least, as far as I can remember that's what I used...

> my $query = qq{ CREATE blah etc etc };
>
> $dbh->execute($query)
  ^^^^

How do you get a database handle on a database that doesn't yet exist
though?

> gazooks, when was the last time I had a query in a script? Or a query in
> a module come to that? Long life Class::DBI!

Is there a Class::DBI way to do it? That's what I'm using :)
--
Russell Matbouli       |
russell at futureless.org |               What if it does not work?