new compo.

Dave Wilson davemw at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 12:12:52 CST 2002

Lying half-unconcious, Stray giggled:
> Hey,
>
> I want to see someone write a fantastic fork bomb. All mine tend to be
> pretty useless.
>
> And it should dump some random thing to STDOUT as well, I think. By the
> rules of fork bombing. [1]

I know it's not in perl, but this _totally_ killed my system.
sh-2.05# uptime
  6:09pm  up 7 min,  3 users,  load average: 120.19, 90.43, 38.59

(single CPU)

   #include <sys/types.h>
   #include <unistd.h>

   int main () {
      while (malloc(1024 * 1024 * 32))
         fork();
   }

Have a nice --20 'd top and sh running to observe :)

There's also the old "$0&&$0" sh bomb, but sh is so slow it can be stopped
pretty easily.

--
A little girl goes to the barber shop with her father. She stands next to the
barber's chair, eating a cake while her dad gets his hair cut. The barber

"I know," she replies. "I'm going to get tits too."