[ANNOUNCE] Belfast.pm obfuscated perl compo

Steve Rushe steve-pmbelfast at blackstar.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 04:25:30 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 10:19:10AM +0000, Stray Toaster wrote:

> Sitting here today, after the fun of the golfing last week, it has been
> decided that we should have an obfuscated perl competition.
>
> This is the consultatory stage. We need rules before we start, such as:
>
> How long will it run for?

A month? 2 weeks? Who knows?

> Who judges the winner?

We could let one poor fool do it, or we could all chip in at the end. I
favour the group decision as that lets everyone have a go.

> Do we set our own or nick old ones from elsewhere? (I say no.)

I'll let everyone else pick up on the obvious mistake here!

> And for those who thought that last weeks reimplement Russell's code was
> bonkers, be warned: It is addictive. And you learn an awful lot.

Uuum, perl golf!

Steve
--
Steve Rushe - www.deeden.co.uk

Space is cold, home is colder when you come home at night
and there's nobody here.