WWW::UsePerl::Journal

Russell Matbouli russell-belfast-pm at futureless.org
Sun Jan 27 18:23:20 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:16:12AM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> In the code I was testing, the return was not as easy to pin down.  it
> could have been asingle word or a phrase.  Any damn string at all
> except the empty string and undef.  That's why I tested those two
> conditions on the first method.  If you look at the tests for the
> later methods where I know what I'm expecting back, I check for it
> explicitly.

Yes. I figured this out. My laziness was false laziness. As soon as Tony
pointed out these tests, I realised that they didn't mean much in this
context, and they were being used to test for ... more unpredictable
output as it was in Text::Echelon.

> Sorry if I confused you with that.  I didn't realy explain what i was
> testing and why.

It served me right for trying to fit my square brick into the circular
hole that you'd provided :)
--
Russell Matbouli       |              I know I believe in nothing
russell at futureless.org |                  but it is my nothing