WWW::UsePerl::Journal

Andrew Wilson andrew-dated-1012608973.38d801 at rivendale.net
Sun Jan 27 18:16:12 CST 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 09:55:47PM +0000, Russell Matbouli wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 07:37:39PM +0000, Tony Bowden wrote:
> > Firstly, you don't really need tests like:
>
> I subtly reused [0] the tests that Andrew created for Text::Echelon
> which did this sort of thing.

Ok, I've looked at my tests and there were reasons why I did that.

> > The third test implies the first 2 anyway ... if it's 1413, then it
> > can't be undef or the empty string ...
>
> Yes. I'm going to rewrite the tests now. I might change the interfaces
> too, since it is still only 0.01.

In the code I was testing, the return was not as easy to pin down.  it
could have been asingle word or a phrase.  Any damn string at all
except the empty string and undef.  That's why I tested those two
conditions on the first method.  If you look at the tests for the
later methods where I know what I'm expecting back, I check for it
explicitly.

Sorry if I confused you with that.  I didn't realy explain what i was
testing and why.

cheers

Andrew