Lingua::Pangram

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 03:20:38 CST 2002

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 03:44:45AM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> > Schwern thinks you shouldn't explictly test for 1 and 0.  Also that
> > you shouldn't document it to return those unless yuo specifically want
> > them as integers.  Much better to say it returns true or false.
>
> Okay. In my head, 0 and 1 are logically equivalent to true and false.

Bad Andrew! Bad, bad Andrew! If you ask me, which no one ever does, you
should not rely on 0 and 1, and def not rely on them equating to true
and false. Bad, bad, bad Andrew

It might just be me, but I prefer to test for definedness. I like to
make all my *things* return true or undef. which is my false.

iyswim.

m.

--
No, I am not laughing with you