Installing Perl 5.6.1 from source on Debian

Russell Matbouli russell-blug at futureless.org
Tue Jan 15 17:05:18 CST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:45:09PM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> You won't get more than the occasional papercut.  I run it on my
> laptop (a Powerbook no less) and haven't had a non-self inflicted
> wound in a long time.

It's not that I don't like to have bleeding edge (it is necessary
sometimes...) it's just that I lack the bandwidth (time?) to do this on
a regular basis... Anyone who ever complains about Debian got caught by
using unstable.

Yup, I've seen your powerbook. One of the black ones that people still
prefer for some reason... Tibooks are way too expensive too...

> It broke again. :( All the colors on my screen are inverted.  Now I'm
> trying to fix my hardware problem with software!  I've just hacked the
> kernel atyfb driver to invert all colors.  Let's see if that works.

Just go to your local magic shop and buy specs that invert everything.
Or if they don't stock them, I'm sure you'll find many a trick to
impress people into giving you their money in order to buy a new laptop.
NB: THIS IS JUST A HYPOTHESIS. IANAM (I AM NOT A MAGICIAN).
--
Russell Matbouli       |      Your presence reminds one of a blind jackal,
russell at futureless.org |           eternally dependent upon misguided