I'm at the Perl Whirl!

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 13:37:17 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 06:38:48PM +0000, Karen Pauley wrote:
> I couldn't resist sending a message from the Perl Whirl (via the
> satelite link).  This is the first time that a geek cruise has had
> wireless internet access!
>
> I went to hear Tim Bunce speaking on DBI this morning.  Heard Damian and
> Larry talk about Perl 6 last night - after spending the afternoon
> kayaking on a private carribean island...
>
> Isn't life tough?

WE don't care. We got postal strikes thru the usual North Belfast
tomfoolery, biting cold rain, idiot car drivers who think they have a
God-given to attempt to kill me, so why would be need to be somewhere
sunny relaxing while rubbing shoulders with the perl
illuminati/glitterati. gah.

right, I'll get my coat.

m.

--