Newbie daft as a brush question

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 13:34:34 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:04:43PM +0000, Russell Matbouli wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 06:50:14PM +0000, Dan _ wrote:
> > I am new to perl and am trying to open an html document form the web
> > using perl & DOS.
>
> Have you looked at LWP::Simple?

App wget is available for windows. That might do what you want, without
having to use LWP. But if you must, LWP does the job.

> > doesnt seem to do anything, I know this is quite innaine, but I guess
> > someone has to be the butt of the jokes
>
> We don't make fun of people who aren't Marc here.

I am suprised duggie didn't take up on this one.

You will all cower in fear when my self-modifying, organically growing
code gets unleashed upon the world......

m.

--
It was a two-way thing
Not a three-day fling