Installing Perl 5.6.1 from source on Debian

Russell Matbouli russell-blug at futureless.org
Mon Jan 14 12:53:48 CST 2002

Hi all,
I've just installed Debian on my new laptop and all was good until I
installed Perl 5.6.1 from source. I thought I hit "n" when it asked if I
wanted /usr/local/bin/perl to be overwritten, but evidently I pressed
enter without the key registering.

The main problem seems to be that there are some Debian:: modules that
aren't installed under 5.6.1 obviously.

So the question is - what is the best way to make Debian use 5.6.1? I
know I can overwrite /u/l/b/p with the old version, but that's a bit
kludgy. Is there a 5.6.1 package hiding away somewhere?
--
Russell Matbouli       |
russell at futureless.org |   May you always be as vivid as your hallucinations