Damian in Belfast

duggie-belfast-pm at blackstar.co.uk duggie-belfast-pm at blackstar.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 05:00:52 CST 2002

On (10/01/02 02:05), Russell Matbouli wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:46:32PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> > And if any of the Belfast.pm crowd have suggestions for hotels, we'd be
> > grateful for your advice.
>
> I may be able to provide a sofa to sleep on if there are any
> cheapo-studenty types coming over...
>
> As for hotels, I guess the main ones would be the Europa, Dukes and the
> Hilton, but I can't give reviews as I've never had to stay in a hotel in
> Belfast... If no-one else suggests places, I can look in the yellow
> pages and you can call around for prices.

The Hilton is pretty much what you would expect, once you get past the
stares in reception.[0]  Probably costly, but nice.  If you can get
someone else to pay then go for it.  And to reduce the price tag a little,
they do refund (some/most/all of) your car-parking fee when you leave.

Thanks
Duggie

[0] I suspect you don't get these if you wear a suit.[1]
[1] Or accuse their Concierge of being a thief when he picks up your
    bag and begins to walk aaway with it.