Damian in Belfast

Karen Pauley karen at kasei.com
Thu Jan 10 05:45:24 CST 2002

On Thu Jan 10 10:05:24 2002, Tony Bowden wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:05:24AM +0000, Russell Matbouli wrote:
>
> You should stay in the Europa if you like being able to tell people you
> stayed in the most bombed hotel in Europe. (You should be perfectly
> safe, it hasn't been bombed for a few weeks now ...)

The Europa are giving a quote of around 85.00 pounds per single room and
120.00 pounds for a double room (these prices were quoted for a group of
around 5 people staying)

> Jury's Inn is fairly central, and fairly decent[1] in a pretty basic
> way.  It's about 70 quid per room. The Hilton ranges from a bit more than
> that, up to about twice that. The Europa would be at the higher end of
> that.

Jury's Inn 71.00 pounds per night per room.

> Dukes is more a student[2] drinking place, so I don't know what the
> accomodation is like. If you're looking at the University area then
> Renshaws a few doors down is fine too. Although both will suffer from
> the 'bad disco late at night' problem.

Dukes charge 95.00 pounds for a single room and 110.00 pounds for the
double room.

Renshaws charge 49.00 per room and all their rooms can have double
occupancy.  This hotel wouldn't be as nice as the others - but then this
is reflected in the price.

> In terms of locale, anywhere within the downtown or university area is
> pretty central. Belfast isn't really that big a place...

Benedicts is central and close to the University area - I've never
stayed in the hotel but they do have a really good restaurant and bar.

Single Room 65.00 pounds per night, Double room 75.00 per night.

http://www.benedictshotel.co.uk/

I will be back from the Perl Whirl on 22nd January - if you haven't
organised anything by then get in touch and I'll see if I can sort it
out for you.

--
Karen