Greetings and Salutations

Andrew Whalley andrew.whalley at firepad.com
Thu Feb 21 16:55:37 CST 2002

> > But be warned, there is no tomfoolery over here, like that BLUG lot.
> > This is a sensible list, full off insightful on-topic
>
> This is a local list for local people. You hear?

ok!  I must admit I went along to the Silicon Valley.pm and was not
very impressed by the levels of friendliness, interaction etc (though
I will be going to see Larry Wall next month).  Also, I never considered
myself one of BLUG's great fooler-arounders (but maybe I was wrong?)

anyway, on topic question:

what are peoples experiences with the perl complier?   I've had a play
round and not had any problems.  Are the issues with it mostly performance
or C code it produces sometimes a bit buggy?

thanks

andy (_temporally_ out of the country :-)