Perl1 and Aegis

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Aug 7 02:35:26 CDT 2002

For those of you that haven't heard, perl1 is once again being developed and
they crowned me pumpking while I was in the bathroom.
http://dev.perl.org/perl1/

Keep this under your hats for the moment, but I've decided to do something
novel with the development model.  We're going to use Aegis rather than a
more traditional CVS, Perforce or Subversion.  The more formalized
development process should help to better organize patches and formalize
their inclusion.

Right now I've got Jesse "RT" Vincent setting up and admining the
repository, but he needs help.  There's a dearth of Aegis users out there,
but I know there are some here.  Would anyone like to help?

We need help setting up and customizing the server, also writing
introductory documentation and tutorials to help CVS users get started and
generally just upping the ratio of Aegis Knowledgable folks vs CVS guys on
list to handle the inevitable grumbling.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <schwern at pobox.com>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <perl-qa at perl.org>         Kwalitee Is Job One