access log module

Dave Wilson dmw at punkass.com
Sun Apr 14 09:04:21 CDT 2002

> Does anyone know of a perl app/module for parsing access logs? I had a
> quick look on CPAN, and I am probably looking for the wrong thing, but I
> couldn't find any.

When you say parsing, you mean turning it into referencable data or
something? There is stuff like analog, and so on, that turn access logs
into HTML, but I don't think you mean that..

> Failing that, a linux app that I could use would do. (Actually, if there
> isn't one, I may write one.)

There are plenty of things to parse your access logs with, but I like
keeping them i in a DB (so no parsing required) in the first place:

   [2:dw]# grep -i sql /etc/httpd/httpd.conf
   LoadModule mysql_log_module lib/apache/mod_log_mysql.so
   MySQLLoginInfo localhost root bleh
   MySQLDatabase logs
   MySQLTransferLogTable http
   MySQLTransferLogFormat SvsAURh

That'd be mod_log_mysql, modules.apache.org (I think).

--
def d(a=0,b=10,c="fuqn"):print\
 '\n'.join(map(lambda x,c=c:'\