Venue for next week's meeting

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 10:09:59 CDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 04:03:30PM +0100, Karen Pauley wrote:
> On Thu Sep 27 12:47:43 2001, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 12:33:18PM +0100, Karen Pauley wrote:
> > > So, does anyone have ideas about what we should do about a venue
> > > for next week's meeting?
> >
> > Well some suggestions
> >
> > a room in a library (we think they probably close early)
>
> Rooms in libraries are available on Monday or Thursday nights.
> Central Library is having a lot of work done at the moment and
> is not available until sometime next year.
>
> Holywood Arches Library is available next Monday night between
> 7 and 9.  It costs 4.00 pounds an hour for Community Organisations
> and Cultural Societies (10 pounds per hour for business use).
> 2 pounds to use the kitchen and 5 pounds to hire an overhead
> projector and screen.

Nice idea. But do you know how long it will take me to get home on my
bike from there? Absolute hours and hours. Sheesh. (fyi, my bike can do
70, is happy at 60 but prefers 50. So 50 I go.)

Not that I am deriding any meeting-assemblage-abilities on your part, as
we have all just concurred that you are ace, I am just being lazy.

m.