Venue for next week's meeting

Karen Pauley karen at kasei.com
Thu Sep 27 06:33:18 CDT 2001

I have been trying to find a venue for next week's meeting.
This is quite difficult to do because Belfast.pm doesn't
have any money.

I have contacted YAS about rules and regulations surrounding
sponsorship of Belfast.pm because I do believe that if we
want to have technical meetings we will need money either for
the venue or for the hire of equipment e.g. Projector or a
sponsor who can provide use with a room and equipment.

Venue Options:

a) Pub or Restaurant

Not suitable this month because I would really like to use
slides of some sort for the talk I'm giving.

b) Hotel

Suitable rooms in hotels in the centre of Belfast have a
price range between 50 and 150 pounds for the evening. If
we picked a place and decided to have a meeting their
every month we would get a reduction in the room rate.

c) Office

We have been using BlakcStar's offices to hold the previous
meetings.  This didn't really work last month as BlackStar
were in the middle of reorganising their office. Does anyone
have another office that we could use?  The office that I
am currently working in is the Harbour Estate and not particularly
convenient for people who don't drive.

d) University

It is difficult to get a room in Queen's Univerity in the evening.
Most of these are already taken by University activities.  To hire
a room at Queen's is more expensive than hiring a hotel room.

It's easier to get a room at Jordanstown but the location is not as
good. These are also cheaper than rooms at Queen's.

So, does anyone have ideas about what we should do about a venue
for next week's meeting?

--
Karen