mod_perl

barry bazza at bazza.com
Tue Sep 18 11:24:17 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 11:37:50AM -0400, Wesley Darlington mumbled:
> Apache et al seem to have the odd notion that it's *their* responsibility
> to ensure correctness of HTTP headers. :-)

*sigh*

> > further, pages running with the mod_perl stuff are being excuted as the
> > webserver, I assume this is normal under mod_perl,
> Yes. This is normal...
> >                                                    but I generally have them
> > suexec to run as the owner, this may well be something I come across in my
> > reading of docs and stuff while doing actual rewrites of the code to start
> > taking proper advantage of things
> ...and even required. The whole point of mod_perl is that all perl runs
> *inside* the apache process handling the HTTP request. If you require
> your code not to run as the apache user, mod_perl is not the api
> you're looking for. Move along. :-)

that's alright, I can deal with my scripts running a user that doesn't matter
much to anything, they're generally not reliant on being me, just some of the
other stuff I host is a bit more .. cheers for your help wes

anyone else notice this list being bloody slow? am sitting here, stephen's
telling me that someone's replied to my message here, and it's another half an
hour before I get it ...

--
-Barry Hughes
After watching my newly-retired dad spend two weeks learning how to make a new folder, it became obvious that "intuitive" mostly means "what the writer or speaker of intuitive likes".