mod_perl

barry bazza at bazza.com
Tue Sep 18 09:40:40 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 03:29:04PM +0100, barry mumbled:
> > Do you see an environment variable named MOD_PERL?
> yes
> > What do you get when you telnet to port 80 and request the file by hand?
> > Finally, what happens with PerlSendHeader On?
> Hmmmm, I just turned PerlSendHeader back on, to show this stuff for you, and
> .. Uh, now it's doing what it should, i.e. the Header is being sent to the
> browser by something, the one the cgi is sending isn't being shown, and the
> page looks like what it should ... I'm lost :)

further, pages running with the mod_perl stuff are being excuted as the
webserver, I assume this is normal under mod_perl, but I generally have them
suexec to run as the owner, this may well be something I come across in my
reading of docs and stuff while doing actual rewrites of the code to start
taking proper advantage of things

--
-Barry Hughes
Mos Eisley Spaceport; you'll not find a more wretched collection of villainy and disreputable types...