ANNOUNCE: Class::DBI 0.33

Tony Bowden tony at kasei.com
Sat Sep 15 08:29:25 CDT 2001

The preview of Class::DBI 0.33 is currently available from

 http://www.tmtm.com/CPAN/Class-DBI-0.33.tar.gz

It has several new features:

 1) copy() and move() now allow you to change multiple values in passing,
    not just the primary key

 2) We now have a retrieve_all() method which returns you an object for
    each row in the table.

 3) This is achieved trivially through a new create_filter() method, which
    makes it much easier to set up searches. This is not yet documented in
    the Tutorial, as I'm still not 100% on it.  Comments very welcome...

 4) The Tutorial does, however, now have a section on setting up
    many-to-many relationships by combining hasa() and hasa_list().

Again, I'll give it a few days for feedback, and testing on a variety
of other platforms, before uploading to CPAN.

Thanks,

Tony