Class::DBI 0.32

Tony Bowden tony at kasei.com
Sun Sep 9 13:37:44 CDT 2001

Class::DBI 0.32 is currently available from my CPAN directory:

 http://www.tmtm.com/CPAN/Class-DBI-0.32.tar.gz

It provides one new feature - cascading deletes.

Now, calling delete() on any instance of a class which has had
a relationship set up using hasa_list(), will trigger a recursive
delete of those foreign rows.

As this relationship is only set up on relationships where the
foreign table stores this table's primary key in one of its
columns, this should be perfectly safe, and should not have any
unwanted effects. (In fact the absence of this feature may lead
to orphaned rows in the foreign tables).

I'll give it a few days before uploading to CPAN.

Thanks,

Tony