Perl/MySQL/TT

Steve Rushe steve-pmbelfast at blackstar.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 10:44:55 CST 2001

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 04:22:46PM +0000, Scott McWhirter wrote:
> The thing i pasted was an edited version of my script. In my script i run
> some regexing on the values and see if i need to change them so that is why.
> ie: $name = $fds->{$i}{name} =~ /''/ ? '' : 'name = $fds->{$i}{name},';
>
> as i said before in my script i have to edit the values.

TT allows you to edit values in a template, so I don't think that should
be a problem.

See http://www.template-toolkit.org/docs/plain/Manual/Variables.html for
details.

> >Of course the Class:DBI solution propounded by Tony is better again.

> blah blah blah....
> Class::DBI refuses to install (somewhat because i really would prefer not to
> use it).

I must agree with Andrew and Tony, and encourage you to use Class::DBI.
It is a remarkable time and code saver, getting much drudgery out of the
way quickly. Also if you have a problem installing it, that you think is
not your fault, let the author know. Authors love feedback, as the
recent discussion on the london.pm list shows!

bye for now
Steve

--
Steve Rushe - www.deeden.co.uk

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!
                                Julius Caesar - Carry on Cleo