Perl/MySQL/TT

Scott McWhirter sleepy_uk at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:22:46 CST 2001

>1) What's all that messing about constructing a hash ref you already
>have all about then?
The thing i pasted was an edited version of my script. In my script i run
some regexing on the values and see if i need to change them so that is why.
ie: $name = $fds->{$i}{name} =~ /''/ ? '' : 'name = $fds->{$i}{name},';

>2) better still do it all in the template
as i said before in my script i have to edit the values.

>the give_me_html looks very like tony's process template and the >template
>looks like
sub give_me_html{
  my $tt = Template->new();
  my $template = shift;
  my $vars = shift;
  my $output;
  $tt->process(\$template,$vars,\$output);

  return $output;
}
(from memory)

>Of course the Class:DBI solution propounded by Tony is better again.
blah blah blah....
Class::DBI refuses to install (somewhat because i really would prefer not to
use it).

--
-Scott McWhirter- | -kungfuftr-
PGP key id: 0x3C79CF1D